The iPhone 6s and 6s plus models are the biggest phone releases ever. Reports have confirmed Apple is preparing up to 90 million units of its tag team models. And there are some huge reasons why Apple is so confident the phones will sell like hot cakes.
- A Real Camera. Apple is packing in an actual camera this time. No more phone like shots that blur once you blow them up. These phones will have a 12 megapixel camera with updated sensors and 4k filming ability. What does this mean? You can put those old cameras on eBay, give them to your kid brother – your phone is now all you’ll need for your shots everyday and on holidays. Au revoir clunky camera.
- Light Speed. Apple is adding their latest A9 chip to make this phone like Starship Enterprise fast. How fast is that exactly? With an updated chip, near twice the speed (70%) of the iPhone 6, this phone is so fast it will do what you command at the blink of an eye. Apps will open faster, load faster and function faster. Downloading and streaming music, such as on Apple Music, will be done in an augenblick (blink of an eye).
- Long Life. Packed with the A9 chip and a bigger battery, this phone will be long, long lasting. We’re talking like a day and half of heavy use and a 2-3 days with normal use. Frustration and battery pack usage down. Productivity and fun up.
- More Intuitive. The 3D force touch is no gimmick. It will change the way you interact with your device. Currently there are two forms of touch on the phone: a standard tap and a press. Now there will be a third: a strong press. The new 3D touch screen will work in tandem with a new Taptic Engine to provide physical feedback to the user. What does this mean? You’ll have a whole new level of interaction not available before. It will change things once again.
- Stronger. This phone will be tough. Apple doesn’t want to see anymore bendgate (phone bend). The 6 and 6 plus were too light and not tough enough. The twins have a new compostite that makes them nearly 3x as strong. You won’t see anymore bending in your pocket again.
If you thought a lot a Android users made the switch to Apple last year, this year will be even greater. This is a first time Apple has significant upgraded the camera since the 4s. It’s worth considering upgrading. A recommendation if you do decide to get the 6s or 6s plus: buy the phone outright. Might hurt the bank account initially, but will pay off in the long run. You’ll save yourself over $1000 over the course of 2 years not being tied to expensive contracts and you can switch carriers any time. The phones will come in around $1000 depending on the model (6s or 6s plus) and onboard memory (16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB). You can get your hands on these phones towards the end of September.